This historic corner building dating back to 1908 sits on an oak lined bustling pedestrian corridor in the heart of Mid-City. Extensive structural and aesthetic repairs were required, while Albert Architecture worked within the stringent guidelines of Federal and State authorities, qualifying the project for tax credits. Great care was taken with the existing historical components while the building was shored up to receive a new foundation and steel structure modifications. The restored windows, doors and shiplap siding were reinstalled in their original locations to preserve the historical character. The ground floor commercial space was maintained and renovated to accommodate a new wood oven pizza restaurant with seating for approximately 75 guests. The second floor features two shotgun style apartments above the commercial space.
New Orleans, LA